The Annual Fund is FOJ's largest fundraiser as every family can participate and show their support. We understand some families can contribute more than others, that's why a meaningful gift from you is meaningful to us. A high level of family participation is also important to attracting corporate sponsors. Businesses invest when they see families invest.
FOJ has awarded a one-time grant to cover graduation fees for every senior this year. The $10 parking fee at Soldier Field is not covered.
If you are able to cover the cost of $115/student for your child, or even just a portion of it, we would greatly appreciate it. You may even want to consider contributing more than $115 to cover the costs of students unable to donate. Every donation, whatever the amount, allows FOJ to continue funding important initiatives that support all Jones College Prep students throughout the coming year.
Your Generosity Has Impact
Through our collective fundraising efforts, Friends of Jones provides vital funding to support initiatives and programs that are not otherwise covered by the school's annual operating budget for projects big and small. Friends of Jones partners with the administration to determine the greatest funding needs of the school and to help ensure your generosity has the greatest impact on the students of Jones College Prep.
Recent grants have made it possible for our students/staff to have/attend:
- Freshman Connection
- "Dismantling White Supremacy in Schools" workshop
- "Congratulations Class of 2020" signs
- New technology, including digital media materials and dozens of Chromebooks
- Subscriptions to academic resource materials
- Transportation for athletic team travel in and around the city
- Support for school-sponsored trips and competitions
- Start-up funds for student clubs
- Costumes, props and scenery for the school play and musical
- New choral risers and costumes for JCP choirs
- Ceramic kiln for pottery classes
- College Knowledge-ACT prep, AP testing and other support for higher education