The Annual Fund is FOJ's largest fundraiser as every family can participate and show their support. We understand some families can contribute more than others, that's why a meaningful gift from you is meaningful to us. A high level of family participation is also important to attracting corporate sponsors. Businesses invest when they see families invest.
The Boka Restaurant Group Virtual Cooking Class will be led by award-winning celebrity chef Giuseppe Tentori. This sumptuous dinner comes complete with ingredients for a dinner for four and is available to order through March 31, with the class taking place via Zoom on April 15th from 5:30 - 6:30pm. The special price is only $125!
Vegetarian and gluten free options are available; just reach out to Tracy.Portnoy@friendsofjones.org with your requirement.
Your Generosity Has Impact
Through our collective fundraising efforts, Friends of Jones provides vital funding to support initiatives and programs that are not otherwise covered by the school's annual operating budget for projects big and small. Friends of Jones partners with the administration to determine the greatest funding needs of the school and to help ensure your generosity has the greatest impact on the students of Jones College Prep.
Recent grants have made it possible for our students/staff to have/attend:
- Freshman Connection
- "Dismantling White Supremacy in Schools" workshop
- "Congratulations Class of 2020" signs
- New technology, including digital media materials and dozens of Chromebooks
- Subscriptions to academic resource materials
- Transportation for athletic team travel in and around the city
- Support for school-sponsored trips and competitions
- Start-up funds for student clubs
- Costumes, props and scenery for the school play and musical
- New choral risers and costumes for JCP choirs
- Ceramic kiln for pottery classes
- College Knowledge-ACT prep, AP testing and other support for higher education