Your Generosity Has Impact
Through our collective fundraising efforts, Friends of Jones provides vital funding to support initiatives and programs that are not otherwise covered by the school's annual operating budget for projects big and small. Friends of Jones partners with the administration to determine the greatest funding needs of the school and to help ensure your generosity has the greatest impact on the students of Jones College Prep.
Recent grants have made it possible for our students to have:
- Freshman Connection
- New technology, including digital media materials and dozens of Chromebooks
- Subscriptions to academic resource materials
- Transportation for athletic team travel in and around the city
- Furniture for common area students spaces
- Support for seniors who need help with graduation expenses
- Start-up funds for student clubs(e.G. Model UN) and free admission to ALAS Fest
- Costumes, props and scenery for the school play and musical
- New choral risers and costumes for JCP choirs
- Ceramic kiln for pottery classes
- College Knowledge- ACT prep, AP testing and other support for higher education
The Annual Fund is FOJ's largest fundraiser as every family can participate and show their support. We understand some families can contribute more than others, that's why a meaningful gift from you is meaningful to us. A high level of family participation is also important to attracting corporate sponsors. Businesses invest when they see families invest.
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
5:30 - 9:00pm
$40 - $45
Join the Friends of Jones Board, JCP administration, teachers and fellow parents at the 2019 annual Buddy Guy Friend-Raiser. This adults-only event features entertainment from the Jones College Prep band and Buddy Guy musicians, as well as a southern buffet dinner and cash bar.
JCP WALK-RUN-FUN 5K
Sunday, October 20, 2019
Start Time: 10:00am
Join fellow JCP students, faculty, alumni, parents and supporters for the fifth annual Eagle Run a walk - run - fun 5K, sponsored by Friends of Jones.